Thursday 27 June 2013

Another Habitual Sundress

My friend's little girl just celebrated her first birthday and I couldn't resist putting together another habitual sundress with matching diaper cover. I used the same patterns as in this post but made a size up (really kind of a custom size since she's a tall and thin sort). Overall I am really please with how the dress turned out. It's light and airy, perfect for this very humid summer we're having so far!


The fabric is something I picked up at the local fabric store a few months ago (you know once of those full price purchases that sit on your sewing table until after the fabric is on sale) I have enough left that I may make a dress for my daughter too.

 
For the diaper cover I used Dana's perfect diaper cover tutorial again, this time I didn't use the bias tape edging and things went a lot faster (as expected). If you're looking for an easy tutorial this one is really easy to follow and very forgiving.
 
To dress the diaper cover up I added ruffles, I made three strips of white cotton with a rolled hem on one side and a serged edge on the other, sewed them on upside down then pressed them down and top stitched. I sealed the sides in the side seams to help keep the ruffles in place. Of course my ruffles were a bit deep for the sides so I had to fold the lower ruffles up and into line with the top tier.

 
(Pretend you don't see that thread I missed clipping - Thanks!)

Linked up at:

150x200

No comments:

Post a Comment