Sunday 24 November 2013

Here come the Holidays! Part 2

It's been a hectic weekend, perfect follow up to last week and probably indicative of the weeks to come. Busy is good, right? I am the kids of person who fails at boredom, I can't handle it, if it gets quiet I start building to do lists and planning projects. That said, you'd think my house was decorated and my laundry didn't pile up but that's where it all breaks down for me, because I like doing fun stuff, things I want to do, not necessarily all those things that need to be done. As I was preparing for a craft show last month slowly working through the list of projects I had planned to bring with me a friend suggested baby doll carriers. Since I had a lot of things on my list already it seemed like a perfect opportunity to find a pattern and knock out a couple of doll carriers to take with me to the show. Well I was torn between some of the patterns I found on Pinterest, I liked the Oliver & S version but I didn't have time to order it so lo and behold I drew my own version based on the Oliver & S style, with a few modifications based on how my kids favourite creatures fit.

They weren't a fast seller at the craft show, in part I think because they were and unexpected challenge to display but since then they have started to move on Etsy and I'm thinking for any gifts you need to send oversea's they can't be beat because they are lightweight and pack flat.

Here are a few of the style's available, of course I have a few more fabrics in the works...maybe in time for my next craft show. :)








Now I just have to decide on which fabrics to use for my own kids Christmas presents this year!



No comments:

Post a Comment