Sunday 14 October 2012

Fall's Fresh Start

Ok - I know I made a big to do about getting back into blogging and posting things regularly....but wow, it was a fun summer. When push came to shove it was just way more fun to be out on the bikes with the kids, or hanging out at the pool that sitting at my desk. Sewing wasn't so bad, I did manage to wrap up a couple projects.

These are the throw and bench cushions I made for a friend:

 


I saw my oldest child start school this fall:














And since she told me it was only fun when I walked to pick her up, I spend a lot less time with the "to-do" list than I was anticipating.

So I made a big plan to participate in KCWC this fall, I got a big order in the spring for 240 of these little numbers:




















Needless to say I was completely derailed. Funny thing is that I've had the same thing happen again, an order came through for the cutlery pockets in my shop Monday morning. I love the orders, but find the coincidence hilarious.











Now I'm trying to get back into the kids sewing. Do you ever find yourself so bogged down with ideas that you can't seem to finish anything? I can't even describe how many blog posts I've started, or written in my head, but then I move on to the next thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment