Wednesday 12 February 2014

Valentine's Day Round Up

As a kid I was so excited about Valentine's Day each year. Putting all the little cards in the tiny envelopes and writing all my school friends' names on them...then waiting all day to see who gave you a card. It was right up there with Birthday's and Christmas as far as I was concerned. Now that my own children are off to school it's weeks of planning and choosing what little gift & card we want to hand out. This year I started my search on Pinterest, DANGEROUS! I kept having to remind myself that I only have one class full of gifts/cards to give this year, plus a couple for some friends.

So as a way of celebrating the many, many fabulous ideas I found I thought I would share them with you here:


 
4. Bubbles Valentine's 5. thread lightly Valentine - see below 6. Candy Free
 
 
If you are still scrambling for a last minute Valentine's Card idea most of the links will take you to a free printable. Unfortunately that is still a little beyond my capabilities, however I was able to turn some limited desk topping skills and some supplies from around the house into a fun gift & card.
 
To make these "Having a Ball" Valentine's I used some left over business cards as bag toppers and because they are a standard template in MS Word all I had to do was layout a single card and print on my color printer. I deliberately kept the text simple since I wanted to leave room for my daughter to personalize the Valentine's somewhat. In the finished batch, she's applied stamps and stickers to the white space around the card.
 
 
 
Next I out a bouncy ball from the local party supply store and put it in a treat bag, then stapled the treat bags to the cards. All that's left is some decorative stamps and stickers for my daughter to apply, along with her name and they are ready to go. Fast, economical and best of all using up supplies I already had!
 
 
 
Happy Valentine's Day!
 
 
 Linking up at:
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment