Saturday 11 January 2014

A ballerina bag

The end of last year brought a lot of sewing but I feel like the business of sewing took away from the pleasure of sewing for the people I love. Since the New Year, with everything a little bit quieter, I've managed to finish up some of the little things the kids have been asking for (of course for every item I've finished they've added 3 things to the list), a neck warmer for the little boy, mitten clips for my daughter but by far my favourite project has been the ballerina bag.

All fall my daughter asked for dance lessons but it was so hectic and I was trying to head back to work so wasn't sure where to schedule them so it kept being put off. As Christmas arrived I knew that there was no putting it off any further, she needed to be registered in January if she wanted to dance in a recital in June. So off we went to buy new ballet attire, register for the lessons and wait for those lessons to start. Her excitement was tangible as each little step brought us a little closer to starting class and as I pulled out our old dance bag I knew we'd need a little something new. In December I had picked up this adorable Michael Miller fabric and I knew it had to become her dance bag. Don't ask me why but I've been fixated on barrel bags for months now so the perfect fabric met with a months old picture in my head and in no time we had a finished ballerina bag.







She loves it, I love it! Of course the critical part of my brain acknowledges the issues...the fabric was little light for this application, there's a few wonky stitch lines...oh well!


Linked up at:
The Dedicated House
Skip To My Lou





No comments:

Post a Comment